Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 3 - Day 1 - Memorial Day Run!



Got up this morning after an absolutely wonderful weekend with family and went for my run. I decided to take yesterday off instead of run to the schedule. I like running Mon/Wed/Fri and I think that will work best for me. So at 7 am I got up got dressed and headed out. I'd decided that I was going to run the week 1 day 3 run again as I hadn't finished the last two portions of that run completely before. This time, no problem...I'll be moving on the Week 2 program on Wednesday. The one fact that I really liked was that I wasn't breathing anywhere near as hard as I had been in the previous runs, it looks as if my fat body is getting used to running again and my endurance is starting to pick up. So that makes me very happy.

My new goal is to run the Winter Park 5k on July 4th with Laura and Amanda and Lea, after which everyone will come back to the house and we will just play in the pool and watch Jaws that night outside on the 16 foot screen while in the pool.

Laura is really making great progress in her running....I've never seen her so motivated in ANY form of exercise and it's really pushing me to be right there with her. My achilles is still a bit sore and even after two days of rest, it seems to just get aggravated every time I run. It's getting be annoying.

Well since I have today off, I am going to go the range today and make little holes in paper from 200 meters away! Talk again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment