Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 3 - Day 2 - New Plan!


Today I started out with the week 2 program....this entails 6 - 1.5 runs with 2 minute walks in between. I will say that everything started just fine, I was able to run continuously for the 90 seconds without too much additional effort. I thought "hey this is going to work out!" but by the third run I noticed that my right ankle was on fire with pain, the tendon and the muscles were just screaming at me. After finishing that run I decided to walk the rest of the way, at first it was pretty painful but I had to get home so there was no alternative (I did think about calling Laura to come get me at one point) but it got better as I continued home. I made a half-hearted attempt to run again but after 45 secs I decided "don't be stupid" so I went back to walking.

I'm thinking that maybe I should come up with a food plan and walk everyday until I can lose enough weight so the running stops hurting. I'm very bummed out right now and I feel like one of those wimps I would normally make fun of. This is karma's way of saying "Ok you fat bastard! Stop being so judgemental and see how you like being in pain!" so I am learning humility right now.

So I will be walking everyday for the next week or maybe longer to strengthen my legs and get my heart rate up and lose weight, which is what I wanted anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment