Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 2 - Day 2 - Not Motivated Today But Ran anyway!


Well my alarm went off at 6 am as it was supposed to but I was NOT in the mood. I laid there in bed for about 5 minutes debating whether or not I could say I was too tired and that I slept through my alarm. But then I thought about this Blog and the people who've been following it and then I thought about Laura who has been so diligent in her running and said to myself - "Stop being a wimp and get up and go running!" so I did. I ran the week 1 program again and I am improving, I was able to get through the first 6 runs without stopping early and the last 2 runs I stopped at about the 50 sec mark on each. I was really spent after those first 6 runs and the last two were very hard but I did push through. I'm feeling better about my chances of completing this program after today. I am very sore and hobbling around when walking, but I believe that I'll be able to do this and it won't be as difficult as I proceed along.

Yes, I know it's the same shirt as last week but it is very comfortable and it's clean. My pants are becoming a little more comfortable to put on as well so I know I'm making some progress, nothing dramatic yet but I'm guessing that it's around 10 lbs or so. I'm very lucky that in the past I've been able to drop weight really quickly but I usually plateau at around 280 for a little while.

Anyhow I will be running again on Sunday and Laura said she may run with me, hopefully I'll move up to the next weeks' program next week.

Have a good Memorial Day weekend everyone!
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment