Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 2 - Day 1 - Successful Run Today! Yeah!


Well my calf seemed well enough to run today, so I did. I think I'm going to repeat the Week 1 program since I didn't really complete it last week and to be honest the 8 one minute runs were about as much as I could handle. Today's run started kind of slow as I was "feeling out" my leg and I decided that I should half-step the run as to not aggravate it too much, that turned out to be a good decision. So I turned on my cadences and started the run. It was tough, although not as tough as last week. This time after each run I was just breathing very heavy like a freight train, but I did not feel like my lungs and heart were about to come out of my chest. So I look at that as a positive step. I will continue the week 1 program for this week and bump up to the Week 2 program with the 8 90 second runs next week.

Since I'm in this for the long haul and have no race that I'm preparing for I figure I might as well take this easy and get my legs so to speak.


<<** Gross Out Point here - read at your own risk **>>


I also remember now why I might not have like running in the past, I sweat like a pig. My entire shirt was ringing with sweat and I was disgusted with even touching it to take it off. It might have to do with the extra 120 lbs I'm carrying so it's understandable, just not nice.

Anyways I really want to thank you guys who are following this for the words of encouragement, they really have been great and make me feel like I'm not alone.

Thank You ALL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment