Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week 2 - Day 1 - Postponed due to Calf failure!

Feeling a little bummed as I'm taking a 2 day break from running and starting W2D1 a day later than expected because I've pulled my right calf muscle and it hurts to walk much less run. But I will not let it get me down!

My brother-in-law in Colorado is very excited at the fact that Laura and I have stated that we wish to run the Bolder Boulder 10K next year. In fact he sent a calendar with all the course details back with my Mother-in-Law who was out for a my nephews' graduation. I looked at it last night and was a bit intimidated by it, but I'm sure I won't be the closer I get to being able to run that distance. I'm thinking I need to be able to run at least 15k by the time I run that as the altitude will kick my "sea level" butt at 10k.

Anyhow I hope to run tomorrow morning if my calf stop hurting and I'll walk if it does! I'm not going to stop this trek.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that there was a LIKE button for your attitude, Alan. You and Laura keep at it! More power to the both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete