Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 1 - Day 3 - The "Re-Run"


Well this morning turned out a little better than Friday. This time I was able to run half of my runs before my calf started twinging a bit and I decided to walk out the second half of the program. I think I will be doing week 1 over again this upcoming week. The interesting part though is I'd pulled down some Army Cadence run songs to try this morning and I got into it so much that I actually ran 2.5 minutes the first time instead of run 1 minute walk a minute and a half. I totally missed the que that the program gives you. That is very encouraging, because a week ago I know I would not have been able to do that.

My new shoes are really an improvement and my leg isn't hurting anywhere near as much as it did on Wednesday so I think I'm on the right track to healing up. I just hope it's quick as I really want to move on to the week 2 program.

Beyond that I have nothing to report except that I'm starting to feel better and I'm hoping soon that the weight will start to fall off. I'm looking forward to being under 300 lbs.

I've also found a great running forum for us big guys!

http://community.active.com/community/sports/running/newbies

No comments:

Post a Comment