Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 4 - Day 1 - Walking; The other exercise!

After taking 3 days off to let my legs "heal" or at least stop hurting, I decided to again walk this morning. I'm glad I did, as I realized that my calves started to hurt again even without the pounding of running. I'm not pleased that I'm reduced to walking as I'd hoped to be running even further by now, but as I've been told many times "this is a lifestyle change, not a race!". And even though I know this to be true, it's not too encouraging.

I was able to walk approx 2+ miles this morning without stopping and I was able to generate some sweat but not as much as I'd liked. I will try the deep water running today after work and see if that makes it any better. I'll admit the technique for water running feels "weird" but it's supposed to be just as good without the pounding. I'm thinking that if can either increase my stamina or lose the weight to get below 300 lbs that I will start running again and really get this transformation going.

Laura was able to run the 28 minutes straight today that her program week is on and she is doing that with a broken toe!.....I am very proud of her and not such much of me.

Enough of the pity party, I will walk again tomorrow and try to run on Thursday and walk on Friday. If I'm going to walk I think it should be daily!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment