Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 3 - Day 3 - Walk! Don't Run!


Today I woke up and decided that instead of running and further aggravating my calf and achilles tendon I would walk briskly and not stop. I was able to accomplish this quiet well and was glad for the decision not to run. I did not sweat as much as when I run but I did elevate my heart rate which is I guess - the point! I went just as far as I normally did running, I think it's just a hair under 2 miles so that's not terrible and I'll increase it on monday.

I've come to the conclusion that the whole point of this exercise thing is to change my outlook on a healthy life. This is not a race to see if I can lose weight faster or go farther, it's a journey to just be healthier. Those other things will come with being healthier.

It was a beautiful morning for a walk, it was about 74 degrees with a slight breeze and a beautiful clear sky. I've attached a picture of the view that I saw as I was walking back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment